We have identified five core capabilities that are fundamental to meeting our agency's priorities:
- Develop and deploy world-class data and analytics for more targeted, quicker outbreak responses. We must not be historical, or even real-time. We must be predictive.
- As the reference lab to the world, we must maintain state-of-the-art laboratory capacity. Our science is shared around the world to solve real-world public health problems.
- Uphold an elite public health workforce to stay on the cutting edge. CDC’s scientists and health experts are trusted, world leaders in diseases and one of our greatest assets.”
- Quickly responding to outbreaks at their source, in the U.S. and abroad.
- Building on the current foundation of a strong global health capacity and domestic preparedness.
Disclaimer: Lord and Kees' use of the material, including any links to the materials on the CDC, ATSDR or HHS websites, does not imply endorsement by CDC, ATSDR, HHS or the United States Government of Lord and Kees Financial Systems Inc. Reference to specific commercial products, manufacturers, companies, or trademarks does not constitute its endorsement or recommendation by the U.S. Government, Department of Health and Human Services, or Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
This material is otherwise available on the agency website (CDC) for no charge.