For universal health coverage, we:
- focus on primary health care to improve access to quality essential services
- work towards sustainable financing and financial protection
- improve access to essential medicines and health products
- train the health workforce and advise on labour policies
- support people's participation in national health policies
- improve monitoring, data and information.
For health emergencies, we:
- prepare for emergencies by identifying, mitigating and managing risks
- prevent emergencies and support development of tools necessary during outbreaks
- detect and respond to acute health emergencies
- support delivery of essential health services in fragile settings.
For health and well-being we:
- address social determinants
- promote intersectoral approaches for health
- prioritize health in all policies and healthy settings.
Through our work, we address:
- human capital across the life-course
- noncommunicable diseases prevention
- mental health promotion
- climate change in small island developing states
- antimicrobial resistance
- elimination and eradication of high-impact communicable diseases.
Source: https://www.who.int/about/what-we-do .
Disclaimer: Lord and Kees' use of the material, including any links to the materials on the WHO website, does not imply endorsement by WHO of Lord and Kees Financial Systems Inc. Reference to specific commercial products, manufacturers, companies, or trademarks does not constitute its endorsement or recommendation by WHO.
This material is otherwise available on the agency website (WHO) for no charge.